We are passionate about art and share the love of our subjects with the students, through our curriculum and extra-curricular programme.
We teach our students combine practical skills with creative thinking, to engage, inspire and challenge equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create. At Key stage three students learn key concepts of art and start to develop their work responding to a range of artists and themes. This develops at Key stage 4 when they lean to explore and connect ideas and concepts to develop original ideas to form their art.
- Through our curriculum, we aim to provide students with an experience that is exciting and to ensure that our students combine practical skills with creative thinking, developing highly valuable and transferrable skills for future careers and life.
- We actively promote looking at the work of others, celebrating other cultures and encouraging diversity.
- We develop students’ awareness of the impact of art on society and expect them to achieve by applying a variety of skills from the wider curriculum together with those specific to Art and photography to produce effective and considered artworks.
- We promote confident self-managers and team-workers, who are willing to take risks and keep an open-mind about new ideas and techniques.
- We provide a positive safe space; the strong relationships we have with our students exemplifies the trust and high expectations we have of them.
- We create the feeling of ‘belonging’ to Oxted School and students and staff are proud to be part of our community.
- Art & Design
- Fine Art
Head of Faculty - Mrs K Sowerbutts - email@example.com
Head of Art - Mrs K Sowerbutts - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Head of Art - Mrs N Garstang - email@example.com
Head of Photography - Mrs K Potter - firstname.lastname@example.org