|Level||GCSE English Language (always studied with English Literature)|
What we study
The main following areas of the subject will be covered and students will be encouraged students to:
- read fluently and write effectively. They should be able to demonstrate a confident control of Standard English and they should be able to write grammatically correct sentences, deploy figurative language and analyse texts
- read a wide range of texts, fluently and with good understanding
- read critically, and use knowledge gained from wide reading to inform and improve their own writing
- write effectively and coherently using Standard English appropriately
- use grammar correctly, punctuate and spell accurately
- acquire and apply a wide vocabulary, alongside a knowledge and understanding of grammatical
- terminology, and linguistic conventions for reading, writing and spoken language.
- listen to and understand spoken language, and use spoken Standard English effectively
The Spoken Language endorsement will be reported on as part of the qualification, but it will not form part of the final mark and grade.
Information about the specification chosen and the assessment of this will be provided at a later date.
The course prepares students who would like to continue English Language and Literature, or English Literature at A-Level at Oxted.
Mrs D Read - email@example.com