Sport - BTEC Level 3
|Specific Course Entry Requirements||
Grade 4 in Physical Education or Merit in BTEC Sport Level 2 and C in Science
|Examination Levels Offered||
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport (equivalent to A*-E at A-Level)
The BTEC National Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport is a two year course having been developed to help students study deep, specialist, practical skills and understanding and offers a specialist qualification that focuses on particular aspects of employment within the appropriate vocational sector.
The BTEC National Extended Certificate in Sport is the equivalent to one A-level
Associated Course Costs
PE kit is available from between £20 to £75, although this is not compulsory.
Students must study four units
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2 – Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-Being
- Unit 3 - Professional development in the Sports Industry
- Unit 4 - Sports Leadership
How is the Course Assessed?
- Unit 1 - Anatomy and Physiology - Written Examination - 1 hour and 30 Minutes (90 Marks)
- Unit 2 - Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-Being - Controlled Assessment Case Study (60 Marks)
- Unit 3 - Professional Development in the Sports Industry - Internally Assessed Coursework Assignments
- Unit 4 - Sports Leadership - Internally Assessed Coursework Assignments
Unit 1,2 and 3 are mandatory units and counts towards 83% of the final grade
Unit 4 equates to 17% of the final grade
Mrs D Baydas - email@example.com