Every year many of our Sixth Form students decide that an apprenticeship is the best way to combine working with the chance to train for a worthwhile career, after Year 13. The sixth form team are keen to support students with the application process. Most post-18 will apply for an apprenticeship at one of these levels:
- Advanced Apprenticeships – Equivalent to A-level and other Level 3 courses
- Higher Apprenticeships – Equivalent to Foundation Degree and above
- Degree Apprenticeships – Equivalent to Degree level courses and above
An Oxted School Apprenticeship clinic runs every Tuesday after school in the study room until 4.30pm from January onwards. Support is available to help with searching for suitable apprenticeships as well as completing application forms and interview preparation. Oxted School subscribes to the Unifrog software and the platform enables students to create shortlists of apprenticeships in their area in different career areas.
As well as an assembly focusing on apprenticeships, there are a variety of other events that have been arranged by the Sixth Form Team:
- Talk on Apprenticeships in IT and Digital Media from Intequal Consultancy
- Talk on Higher and Degree Apprenticeships at East Surrey College
- Trip to a School Leaver Workshop on Apprenticeships at Price Waterhouse Cooper offices in Crawley
- Employer event organised by CTM Pathway and hosted by the school to give parents and students the chance to speak to representatives from large businesses about the apprenticeship opportunities available
For more information on applying for apprenticeships after Year 13, please contact a member of the Sixth Form Team.