Duke of Edinburgh's Award
come to be known as The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award”
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award has been a British institution for over 65 years now and during that time has become a highly sought after Award which is widely recognised by British employers and Universities alike.
The reason why both employers and Universities have such high regard for the Award are the skills it instils in young people and the level of commitment it demands.
The skills students develop while undertaking the Award are:
A sense of identity
Independence of thought and action
A sense of responsibility
An awareness of their potential
New talents and responsibilities
The Award achieves this by providing a balanced, non-competitive programme which is voluntary and available to all.
Further information about The Award, in general, can be found at www.dofe.org.
The DofE Award at Oxted School
At Oxted School. we aim to provide a high quality learning experience for each and every participant. This ethos has led us to become the largest school-based DofE centre in Surrey, with approximately 300 students registering for the Award each academic year. The Award itself is broken down into three levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold. All student enter the Award a the Bronze level in Year 9.
- Mrs L Banwell, Head of DofE and Bronze Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Mr Z Jolin, Silver Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr N Towler, Gold Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Mrs C Taylor, DofE Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bronze Route Card
- Canoeing Kit List
- eDofE Bitesize for Assessors
- eDofE Bitesize for Participants
- Food Menu Suggestions
- Gold Kit List
- Gold Route Card
- How to Pack a Rucksack
- Mountain Biking Kit List
- Optional Activity Log Physical
- Optional Activity Log Skills
- Optional Activity Log Volunteering
- Parent Guide
- Programme Dates Bronze Award 2022 23
- Programme Dates Gold Award 2022 24
- Programme Dates Silver Award 2022 23
- Programme Ideas Physical Section
- Programme Ideas Skills Section
- Programme Ideas Volunteering
- Residential Requirements
- Silver Route Card Blank Copy
- Walking Kit List