Throughout their time in Science, our students develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding. We follow the National Curriculum in all year groups. Students are taught an equal number of Biology, Chemistry and Physics based topics. They develop an understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries and are able to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
Students will develop the skills of:
- Describing processes
- Collecting, presenting and analysing data
- Applying concepts to examples in everyday life
- Linking the key ideas in each of the core scientific subjects
- Enquiry, using practical work
- Drawing conclusions and evaluating
- Taking measurements and assessing risk
They will also:
- Build an extensive vocabulary
- Apply their mathematical knowledge
- Begin to look at the social and economic impacts of scientific ideas
We aim to equip students with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future. To promote the passion for scientific understanding and achievement and to support their dreams for further education.