Year 6 Transition
I am so proud to be offering you a place at Oxted School and to welcome you to our community! Oxted is an amazing School which offers students the chance to thrive in so many ways.
My name is Russell Bond, and I am the Principal at Oxted. As some of you may be aware, I also attended Oxted School as a child. The school left a lasting impression on me and my friends and gave us more than just good grades. The experiences we had, both in and out of the classroom, allowed us to access a world of opportunity and I feel this set Oxted School apart from other schools. The vast array of enrichment activities still exists at Oxted and are phenomenal, reflecting the dedication and commitment of our staff.
We have had an amazing number of offers go out this year, which is testament to the great School Oxted is and with that in mind, I would like to draw your attention to the following:
For some of you it might have been a long time since you visited Oxted School and you have some unanswered questions before you accept your place at Oxted School. I would therefore like to remind parents and students that they can book onto a School tour any time by contacting our School reception on 01883 712425
In terms of accepting your place at Oxted School, you need to ensure you go through the Surrey acceptance process but to help us plan for September, I would appreciate you completing the form here.
At Oxted we maximise the benefits of a large school but are committed to creating a ‘small school’ ethos, one in which all students are known as individuals. We are very proud of our transition process and the level of support for transition reflects how much we care about the students settling in and feeling like they belong. Over the coming months we will:
- Meet with Year 6 teachers
- Respond to queries; no question is too small. Please email Mrs Mullen on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to answer your question or direct you to the right person
- Meet with all our Year 6 students to answer any questions they may have
- Use the information from primary schools and parents to construct our Tutor Groups
- Offer Transition Day on Tuesday 27 June 2023, to allow students to meet their tutor, enjoy taster lessons, meet the key staff and have a chance to make new friends
- Offer Transition Evening on Tuesday 27 June 2023, for parents only, to share information about how you can support your child through the transition
- Offer additional support for those who require it
If you have not been able to visit the school and meet students and staff, or wish to discuss any aspects of our provision in more detail, I invite you to do so by contacting Mrs K Mullen, Admissions Manager, on 01883 719450 or email email@example.com.
I am sure that your child will be happy at Oxted School and will take full advantage of the various opportunities on offer to them. I look forward to getting to know them and you over the coming years.
Mr R Bond